Treinta y Dos Pinot Noir
Chacra’s Treinta y Dos is a single vineyard Pinot Noir, made from old vineyards planted in 1932 in soils layered with clay, sand, and pebbles. The complexity of soil creates this most structured of all Chacra’s wines. To allow the soil to shine through in the final wine, no new oak is used in the aging process. 55% of the wine is aged in used French oak barrels, while the other 45% of the wine is aged in concrete. Treinta y Dos is meant to be aged. Its soft characteristics and velvety tannins, however, make it very drinkable immediately upon release as well as with short-term cellaring.
Wine Spectator2006 vintage
This red balances toasted spice and mesquite notes with the macerated cherry fruit character, remaining fresh through the mineral-tinged finish.
Pairs well with roasted duck, lamb chops, veal cutlet, and venison, as well as roasted mushrooms and hearty risottos.
points of distinction
- Single vineyard Pinot Noir from a vineyard planted in 1932 with ungrafted vines.
- Soils feature clay, sand, and pebbles in Chacra's most structured estate vineyard.
- Matured for 19 months in 55% used French oak barrels for greater complexity.
- A 100% biodynamic and 100% certified organic Pinot Noir
about the grape +
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Piero Incisa della Rocchetta, Owner
“I wanted to make pure, authentic Pinot Noir with its own special character—and then I found these forgotten, old vines in Patagonia….”
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Mainqué Chardonnay
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Chardonnay
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Cincuenta y Cinco Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Lunita Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Barda