Vinified in collaboration with Jean-Marc Roulot, the Mainqué Chardonnay clusters were picked early as the grapes reached optimal ripeness but maintained their natural acidity. Fermented in barrel without malolactic fermentation and spending 11 months in barrique, this wine showcases the complexity of its Patagonian origins lent by the calcareous components of the alluvial soil its vines are planted in.
Mainqué Chardonnay features up-front fruit, a salinity shared with the Chacra Chardonnay, and a tasty finish lent by the calcareous components of the alluvial soil.
Pairs well with roasted poultry, fresh seafood, tuna poké, citrus salads, and firm, aged cheeses.
points of distinction
- Made in collaboration with Jean-Marc Roulot of Domaine Roulot in Burgundy.
- Grapes picked early to achieve optimal balance of ripeness and acidity.
- 12% of wine aged in 1st-use French oak barrels, 57% aged in 2nd and 3rd use barrels.
- A 100% biodynamic and 100% certified organic Chardonnay
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Piero Incisa della Rocchetta, Owner
“I wanted to make pure, authentic Pinot Noir with its own special character—and then I found these forgotten, old vines in Patagonia….”
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Chardonnay
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Cincuenta y Cinco Pinot Noir
- quick view new Chacra Treinta y Dos Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Lunita Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Barda