Lunita Pinot Noir
AVAILABLE MARKETS - New York, New Jersey, Connecticut
Lunita’s grapes are completely de-stemmed and placed in small round cement vats. Because the local soils have a large component of clay, this wine is made by infusion and fermented on indigenous yeasts at temperatures that do not exceed 74 degrees Fahrenheit. It is fermented more by a process of infusion than one of extraction. The wine is then aged in its own lees in used French barrels and bottled without filtration.
New York International Wine Competition2017 vintage
Lunita shows a beautiful floral nose with predominant notes of rose petals, its tannins are very well integrated, soft and silky, a typical trait of old engraft vineyard wines. Its structure is present without being overpowering and it displays a long finish with cherry notes and a bit of earthyness.
Poultry, roast-beef, also stews and roasted vegetables, such as beets or other winter roots.
points of distinction
- Organic and biodynamic
- Vines planted in 1950’s; low yields
- Aged on its own lees in used French barrels; bottled without filtration.
vineyard details +
Lunita vineyard is a small plot of ungrafted Pinot Noir vines of masale selection that is farmed in an organic and biodynamic fashion. The soil composition is a mix of clay, pebbles, sand and limestone, however the clay is the predominant element. The vines were planted in the 1950’s and have low yields.
about the grape +
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Piero Incisa della Rocchetta, Owner
“I wanted to make pure, authentic Pinot Noir with its own special character—and then I found these forgotten, old vines in Patagonia….”
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Mainqué Chardonnay
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Chardonnay
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Cincuenta y Cinco Pinot Noir
- quick view new Chacra Treinta y Dos Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Barda