Grapes: 100% Moscato Bianco
The grapes grow on the cool hilltops of northern Italy’s Lombardy region, where the northern-lying Alps shield the low-yielding hillside vineyards from harsh weather and the 20-year-old Guyot-trained vines benefit from a superb blend of white marl and chalky soils. During harvest, the fruit is carefully handpicked.
Bright gold in color, this sweet wine delivers intense pear, peach and spice aromas and flavors, and fresh, vivacious bubbles.
Enjoy with fruit pies and tarts, fruit cobblers or fresh strawberries, peaches or raspberries.
GRAPES: 100% Moscato Bianco
ACIDITY: 6.2 g/l
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 90 g/l
points of distinction
- Lightly sweet—with 90 g/l residual sugar compared to Caposaldo Moscato’s 110 g/l
- A preferred natural second fermentation results in a superior effervescence.
- Perfect with any fruit dessert
- Contains about half the alcohol of most white wines
- A classic Italian wine style at an accessible price
about the grape +
Moscato Bianco / Muscat d'Alsace
Shows exotic aromas of tropical fruits, flowers, rose petals and citrus blossoms, and bright, clean fresh grape flavors, with a note of acidity. Sweet and fortified wines show honey and caramel notes.
The fruit for each Caposaldo wine is hand harvested from low-yielding vineyards in prime growing areas in the classic wine regions of Tuscany, the Veneto and Lombardy.