Napa Valley Chardonnay Reserve
/ Napa Valley
The Chardonnay Reserve grapes are cultivated in Napa Valley’s cool-climate Carneros region, with the fruit coming from Cakebread’s estate vineyards. The grapes are night harvested and whole-cluster pressed and the juice is fermented with specially selected yeast strains to foster greater complexity and a refreshing minerality. Barrel aging on the lees with periodic stirring further refines the wine’s round, creamy texture, vibrant, varietally expressive aromas and rich, concentrated flavors.
Wine & Spirits
Critics Challenge Competition2009 vintage
Boasts vivid, beautifully delineated sweet apple, melon and citrus aromas and flavors layered with toasty, creamy tones in a full-bodied wine.
Pair with rich fish or light meats.
points of distinction
- A classic, oak-aged California Chardonnay
- No malolactic fermentation, for a crisper acidity without the buttery taste
- Versatile with rich fish, light meats, bisques and hearty salads
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Julianne Laks, Winemaker
“[This wine] exemplifies balance of ripe fruit, fresh acidity, sweet oak and malolactic character. As the wine ages, these elements meld into a complexity that defies recognition of single components.”
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Chardonnay
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Merlot
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Benchland Select Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Vine Hill Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Dancing Bear Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Lake County Zinfandel