Napa Valley Chardonnay
/ Napa Valley
The grapes for the Napa Valley Chardonnay come primarily from the valley’s cooler southern regions, which extend from Carneros to relatively warmer sites just north of the town of Napa. Blending fruit from diverse mesoclimates and soils results in a rich, ripe, elegantly structured Chardonnay that’s delicious on release and ages well. The grapes are handpicked at night, then pressed as whole clusters to preserve freshness and fermented in French oak barrels and stainless steel tanks. The component wines age in barrel on the lees, with periodic stirring determined by sensory analysis of each lot. The lots are blended and the finished wine is bottled during the spring following the harvest.
Wine & Spirits
San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition2010 vintage
Offers aromas and flavors of fresh melon, yellow apple, lime, and white peach with mineral and toasty oak notes, a full body and a long finish.
Delicious with chicken, seafood and grilled salads.
points of distinction
- A classic oak-aged California Chardonnay at an affordable price
- Versatile with seafood, chicken and grilled salads
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Julianne Laks, Winemaker
“Our Napa Valley Chardonnay is concentrated, rich and ripe in style with fresh acidity and impeccable balance.”
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Chardonnay Reserve
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Merlot
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Benchland Select Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Vine Hill Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Dancing Bear Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Lake County Zinfandel