Dancing Bear Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
/ Napa Valley
Dancing Bear Ranch, on Howell Mountain, is a 29-acre vineyard at an elevation between 1,100 and 1,900 feet. The hardy 10-year-old vines that produce this Cabernet are rooted in well-drained volcanic soil and enjoy a variety of sun exposures on the steep hillsides. Careful crop load management ensures optimal ripening and flavor development, while close monitoring during fermentation and maceration captures the fruit’s intense mountain character before maturation and blending.
Wine & Spirits
Critics Challenge Competition2009 vintage
Luscious aromas of earth and forest precede rich, concentrated flavors of black fruit wrapped with opulent, supple tannins.
Pair with steak, braised meats, ribs or roasts.
points of distinction
- 100% single-vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Matured 21 months in French oak (47% new)
vineyard details +
Dancing Bear Ranch Vineyard
Acquired in 1999, Dancing Bear Ranch consists of 28 vineyard acres on Howell Mountain in northern Napa Valley, from which a single-vineyard red wine is produced. The vines are rooted into shallow, rocky soils at 1,450 to over 1,600 feet above sea level. With its near 360-degree exposure, the site offers a wide range of growing conditions.
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
– Julianne Laks, Winemaker
“Our emphasis on fruit quality captures the expression of blackberry and boysenberry in the wine.”
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Chardonnay
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Chardonnay Reserve
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Merlot
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Benchland Select Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Vine Hill Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Lake County Zinfandel