Benchland Select Cabernet Sauvignon
/ Napa Valley
This Cabernet Sauvignon is crafted from Oakville and Rutherford grapes grown in prime vineyard sites in the heart of Napa Valley’s gently sloping western benchlands. Here, ideal eastern exposures, mild afternoon temperatures and well-drained soils ensure that fruit ripens slowly and evenly throughout the growing season. The blocks are hand harvested, then separately fermented in stainless steel and matured to guarantee that each vineyard site’s finest attributes are reflected in the final blend. After lot-specific maturation, lots are blended and bottled.
Wine Advocate2008 vintage
Wine Advocate2007 vintage
This wine shows vibrant dark fruit aromas of blackberry, boysenberry and black plum complemented by spice, cocoa, earth and leather scents. Its full body and long finish are touched with toasted oak and dark chocolate flavors.
Pairs well with rich beef, pork or lamb dishes.
points of distinction
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from prime benchland vineyards in Rutherford and Oakville
- Each lot fermented and matured separately to ensure utmost fruit and terroir expression before blending
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Chardonnay
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Chardonnay Reserve
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Merlot
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Vine Hill Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Dancing Bear Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
- quick view Cakebread Cellars Lake County Zinfandel