Terroir Selection Malbec
Terroir Selection Malbec is made from a blend of four vineyards in Lujan de Cujo and Valle de Uco, each bringing different characteristics to the wine. Lujan de Cujo contributes elements of ripe, mouth filling fruit that is very long on the palate, while Valle de Uco supplies strength and young, primary fruit aromas and roundness in the mouth. Terroir Selection Malbec is aged in French oak barrels (new, one- and two-year old) for 12 months and in bottle for 6 months.
Wine Advocate2008 vintage
Wine Spectator2007 vintage
Spicy, fresh, ripe fruit aromas, with lively acidity, great volume, soft tannins and a long finish.
This wine is a great match with grilled ribeye or NY strip steak, roast fowl, and pork with herbs or Latin spices.
points of distinction
- Blend of best terroirs: Luján de Cuyo adds a ripe, mouth-filling fruit character that's very long on the palate; Valle de Uco gives bold, young primary fruit aromas and roundness in the mouth.
- Low yields of only 1 bottle per vine.
- Average rating 90/91 from major publications since vintage 2002.
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Alto
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Torrontés
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Chardonnay