Terroir Selection Malbec
Terroir Selection Malbec is made from a blend of five vineyards in Lujan de Cujo and Valle de Uco, each bringing different characteristics to the wine. Lujan de Cujo contributes elements of ripe, mouth filling fruit that is very long on the palate, while Valle de Uco supplies strength and young, primary fruit aromas and roundness in the mouth. Terroir Selection Malbec is aged in French oak barrels (new, one- and two-year old) for 12 months and in bottle for 6 months.
Wine Enthusiast2015 vintage
San Francisco International Wine Competition2015 vintage
Spicy, fresh, ripe fruit aromas, with lively acidity, great volume, soft tannins and a long finish.
This wine is a great match with grilled ribeye or NY strip steak, roast fowl, and pork with herbs or Latin spices.
points of distinction
- Blend of best terroirs: Luján de Cuyo adds a ripe, mouth-filling fruit character that's very long on the palate; Valle de Uco gives bold, young primary fruit aromas and roundness in the mouth
- Low yields of only 1 bottle per vine
- Average rating 90/91 from major publications since vintage 2002
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon