Single Vineyard Serenade
In 2001, Alta Vista was the first Argentine winery to produce single vineyard wines. Using their tailored Terroir Management® system for wine growing and winemaking, Alta Vista uses fruit from distinctive sites to craft unique wines that show the true characteristics of each vineyard. Similar to Single Vineyard Alizarine and Temis, Serenade is aged for 12 months in new French oak barrels and an additional 6 months in bottle.
Located above 3,000 feet elevation in Luján de Cuyo, this distinctive vineyard is characterized by drastic diurnal temperature differences and an almost non-existent risk of frost. The climate is arid; the deep soil is clay loam in composition, with boulders 12 feet below the surface. Irrigation is traditional, with water from the Andes Mountains and from a well. Planted in 1960, the selection massale vines are simple Guyot pruned and produce medium-sized clusters, with loose, well-formed grapes. Wine from the Serenade vineyard is distinguished by its expressive red fruit notes, tannic structure, good persistence in the mouth, and great refinement.
Wine Enthusiast2013 vintage
Displays energetic, ripe red and black fruit aromas, with earth and game notes. In the mouth, shows incredibly fresh flavors, with firm, noble tannins and an elegant character.
This wine pairs well with grilled grass-fed beef steak, thick-cut pork chops or lamb.
points of distinction
- Alta Vista pioneered single vineyard vines in Argentina
- From old vineyard planted in 1960
- Yields are low: only 1 bottle per vine
- Since '06 vintage, Alta Vista has received no rating lower than 91 from major wine publications
- Made in limited production
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon