Single Vineyard Alizarine
Single Vineyard Alizarine was introduced in 2001, making Alta Vista the first Argentine winery to produce single vineyard wines. Utilizing their tailored Terroir Management® system for wine growing and winemaking, Alta Vista uses grapes grown in distinctive sites to craft these unique wines that show the true characteristics of each vineyard. All Single Vineyard wines are aged for 12 months in new French oak barrels and an additional 6 months in bottle.
This remarkable vineyard is situated above 3,000 feet elevation in Luján de Cuyo. The soils of this terroir are very poor and permeable and are composed of silty clay loam with a layer of boulders 3-6 ft. deep. Irrigation is traditional, with water from the Andes Mountains, and the climate is mild and arid. The proximity of hills prevents the risk of frost since, in spring, cold air currents descend from the Mendoza River bed. The selection massale vines planted in 1927 are simple Guyot pruned and yield small, compact grape clusters. The wine from this vineyard is notable for its floral bouquet, good acidity and round, elegant tannins.
Wine Advocate2010 vintage
Wine Enthusiast2010 vintage
Has effusive spice, chocolate and ripe fruit aromas. On the palate, it shows impressive structure, soft tannins and a long finish.
This wine is a great match with grilled grass-fed beef steak or roast suckling pig.
points of distinction
- Alta Vista was first to produce single vineyard vines in Argentina.
- Old vineyard planted in 1927.
- Low yields of only 1 bottle per vine.
- Alta Vista has received no rating lower than 91 from major wine publications since vintage 2006.
- Limited production.
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Alto
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view new Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Torrontés
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Chardonnay
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Torrontés