Great wines are produced in unique places. Alta Vista’s Torrontes vineyards are situated in the best terroirs of Salta, at 5,400 feet above sea level. Each vineyard receives expertise that is tailored to each grape variety via specific treatments called Terroir Management®. The wine is made from destemmed grapes that are gently pressed to avoid harsh phenolics and vinified without malolactic fermentation to preserve the grape’s vibrant aromas and fresh acidity. The wine is aged for 3 months on the lees in steel tank and 3 months in bottle.
International Wine Cellar2011 vintage
Wine Advocate2009 vintage
With delicate floral aromas, this wine has fresh, lively flavors that are clean, energizing and easy to drink.
This wine pairs wonderfully with grilled fish, fresh shellfish and focaccia topped with tapenade.
points of distinction
- The grapes come from Argentina’s best terroirs: Malbec and Cabernet from Luján de Cuyo and Uco Valley in Mendoza, Torrontes from Cafayate in Salta.
- Each vineyard receives Terroir Management® treatments.
- Aging on the lees gives the wine more complexity.
about the grape +
Torrontés produces a wine with high acidity, and intriguing, assertively floral, stone fruit, spice and jasmine-like aromas similar to Muscat.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Alto
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view new Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Chardonnay
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Torrontés