Premium Cabernet Sauvignon
Great wines are produced in unique places. Alta Vista’s 516 acres of estate vineyards are situated in the best terroirs of Mendoza and Salta, at 3,200 feet above sea level. Each vineyard receives expertise that is tailored to each grape variety via specific treatments called Terroir Management®. Premium Cabernet Sauvignon completes a short maceration to enhance the wine’s optimal color and aromas while avoiding the extraction of harsh tannins. Part of the wine is aged for 12 months in American oak barrels, before an additional 3 months aging in bottle.
Wine Advocate2010 vintage
Shows intense, complex black fruit aromas with fresh herb notes. In the mouth, this structured wine has broad, black fruit flavors and rich tannins that blend elegantly with notes of oak.
This wine is an excellent match with grilled hangar or skirt steak with chimichurri sauce.
points of distinction
- 100% Estate Grown.
- The grapes come from Argentina’s best terroirs: Malbec and Cabernet from Luján de Cuyo and Uco Valley in Mendoza, Torrontes from Cafayate in Salta.
- Each vineyard receives Terroir Management® treatments.
- Low yields of only 1.5 bottles per vine.
- Extended aging in oak gives the wine more structure.
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Alto
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view new Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Torrontés
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Chardonnay