Great wines are produced in unique places. Alta Vista’s 516 acres of estate vineyards are situated in the best terroirs of Mendoza, at 3,200 feet above sea level. Each vineyard receives expertise that is tailored to each grape variety via specific treatments called Terroir Management®. The wine undergoes extended maceration to extract aromas and intense color. Part of the wine is aged for 12 months in French oak barrels, before an additional 3 months aging in bottle.
San Francisco International Wine Competition2017 vintage
Blue Lifestyle2017 vintage
The wine has ripe, red fruit aromas and spicy notes, with round, soft tannins and a lively mouthfeel.
This wine pairs well with grilled pork tenderloin, lamb and veal with fresh herbs.
points of distinction
- 100% Estate Grown
- Grapes come from Luján de Cuyo and Uco Valley in Mendoza
- Each vineyard receives Terroir Management® treatments
- Low yields of only 1.5 bottles per vine
- Extended aging in oak gives the wine more structure
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Nature