Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
Great wines are made from the grapes of unique places. Alta Vista’s 516 acres of estate vineyards are among the best terroirs of Mendoza, at 3,200 feet elevation and higher. Work performed on every vineyard is tailored to each grape variety via specific treatments called Terroir Management®. Estate Cabernet Sauvignon completes a short maceration to enhance the wine’s optimal color and aromas while avoiding the extraction of harsh tannins. Part of the wine is aged for 12 months in American oak barrels, before an additional 3 months aging in bottle.
Wine Spectator2017 vintage
Wine Spectator2016 vintage
Shows intense, complex black fruit aromas with fresh herb notes. In the mouth, this structured wine has broad, black fruit flavors and rich tannins that blend elegantly with notes of oak.
This wine is an excellent match with grilled hangar or skirt steak with chimichurri sauce.
points of distinction
- All grapes are estate-grown
- Fruit comes from Luján de Cuyo and Uco Valley in Mendoza
- Vineyards farmed using Terroir Management® treatments
- Yields are low: just 1.5 bottles per vine
- Aging in oak helps impart more structure
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon