Alta Vista’s Classic Torrontés exhibits the singular and compelling characters of this grape variety. Intensely aromatic and mineral, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characters and overall quality of wines from Argentina. Grapes come from low-yielding vineyards within Cafayate in Salta province sited at an altitude of over 5,500 feet. To vinify Classic Torrontés, the wine is aged for 3 months on the lees in steel tank and 3 months in bottle.
Sunset International Wine Competition2015 vintage
Sunset International Wine Competition2013 vintage
Has the expressive and delicate aromas typical of Torrontés, reminiscent of white roses, grapefruit and pears. On the palate are fresh and intense grapefruit flavors, with volume and a mineral-flinty character, along with balanced acidity.
Ideal as an aperitif, and with fish, Japanese or Thai food.
points of distinction
- Perfect introduction to the best of Argentina
- Great value, made for every-day consumption
- All grapes are hand-harvested
- Fresh, intense and mineral-driven
about the grape +
Torrontés produces a wine with high acidity, and intriguing, assertively floral, stone fruit, spice and jasmine-like aromas similar to Muscat.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view new Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Chardonnay