Alta Vista’s Classic Chardonnay exhibits the true character of its grape variety. Bright and fruity, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characters and overall quality of wines from Argentina. To vinify Classic Chardonnay, the wine is aged on the lees for 3 months prior to 3 months in bottle.
The wine’s pineapple and pear aromas evolve into fresh and persistent fruity flavors in the mouth, with a trace of oak. The wine has good structure and texture.
This wine is an “easy quaffer” that is perfect to accompany light, casual meals during the week, like fish tacos or chicken quesadillas, and for sipping on its own.
points of distinction
- Perfect introduction to the best of Argentina.
- Great value.
- All grapes are hand-harvested.
- Fruit-forward and approachable.
- Made for everyday consumption.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Alto
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view new Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view new Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Premium Torrontés
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Classic Torrontés