Alta Vista’s Classic Chardonnay displays the appealing nature of this grape. Bright and fruity, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characters and overall quality of wines from Argentina. To vinify Classic Chardonnay, the wine is aged on the lees for 3 months prior to 3 months in bottle.
The wine’s pineapple and pear aromas evolve into fresh and persistent fruity flavors in the mouth, with a trace of oak. The wine has good structure and texture.
This wine is an “easy quaffer” that is perfect to accompany light, casual meals during the week, like fish tacos or chicken quesadillas, and for sipping on its own.
points of distinction
- Ideal introduction to the best wines of Argentina
- Strong value
- Made from hand-harvested grapes
- Fruit-forward and easy to drink
- Great for everyday consumption
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view new Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Torrontés