Alta Vista’s iconic wine, represents the benchmark among Argentine wines, crafted from the highest quality grapes from small vineyard parcels with low yields. Hand-picked grapes go through a double selection process on a sorting table. Alto is vinified in small, epoxy-lined concrete tanks which allow a gentle, precise vinification and extraction of polyphenols to produce an elegant wine. It is aged 14 months in new French oak barrels and at least 12 months in bottle.
Tasting Panel2011 vintage
Wine Spectator2011 vintage
Shows complex black fruit aromas, with spice and chocolate notes. The flavors are concentrated, yet elegant and expressive, with silky tannins and a long, intense finish.
As with any great wine, Alto will show at its best when served with the finest foods that are simply prepared. A filet mignon or Chateaubriand grilled medium-rare are perfect, as are lechazo, roast suckling baby lamb or grilled chuletas de cordero, lamb chops.
points of distinction
- Produced from highest quality, selected grapes, only in the best vintages
- For Alto, yields are a minuscule 0.5 bottles per vine
- Since '02 vintage, major wine publications have never rated Alto below 92 pts.
- Made in very limited production
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view new Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Chardonnay
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Torrontés