Our farming practices go above and beyond New Zealand’s requirements for Sustainable Farming.
We are very proud of our New Zealand heritage and commitment to the land. Our farming practices go above and beyond New Zealand’s requirements for Sustainable Farming. A few of our unique practices include:
- Nil residue chemical programme - ensuring no residue of chemicals in our grapes at the time of harvest, achieved via increased use of organic products that break down prior to harvest. This far exceeds international Minimum Residue Limits.
- Winery heat recovery system – waste energy given off by winery equipment is captured and used to preheat our hot water system, dramatically reducing power use.
- Biological waste water treatment plant – treats winery waste water to a standard far exceeding local authority requirements utilizing selected natural bacteria to reduce energy costs.
- Ambient barrel hall cooling system – utilizes external cool air to cool barrel hall dramatically reducing energy consumption.
- Composting and cover crop – to organically contribute to vine nutrition, reduce waste, increase soil carbon levels, and reduce soil compaction.
- Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand members applying best practice viticultural and winemaking models for the vineyards and winery